|Title:||Machinist II - 3rd Shift|
Nissha Medical Technologies is seeking a 3rd shift Machinist II at our Norwalk location.
Assure that machines are set up properly and in a timely manner and that operators are trained and capable of running machines to manufacture good quality parts.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up, operate, edit CNC programs and adjust all machines to include:
Manual Machine Tools (Grinders, Drill presses. Mills, lathes etc.)
CNC Milling Centers
- Be knowledgeable in all machines and machining aspects of the department, to include:
Machine Shop first piece inspection and quality requirements
Machine Shop work orders and initiation of set up for same
All measuring devices used to ensure part quality per print specifications
- Follow instructions, written or oral
- Work collaboratively with employees across various departments.
- Ensure required materials are available for department in order to perform required work.
- Ensure work orders, prints, tools and material are returned to authorized personnel or departments.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, managers or various departments.
- Follow all machining and company policies, as well as safety and PPE regulations.
- Perform limited maintenance and clean up on machines.
- Work overtime as required.
- Direct work activities of personnel assigned to operate machines as directed by supervisor or manager, ensuring required training of operators.
- Assist Engineers with process and product development.
- Perform other duties as assigned such as machine/fixture set up in machining.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required to pass competency testing for each individual competency listed below.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Two year certificate from college or technical school or 5+ years related experience and/or training
- OR equivalent combination of both education and experience
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to proficiently operate manual machine tools, specialty machines, wire EDM, CNC milling centers, and lathes.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as CNC Programs, blue prints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must have well developed problem solving skills.
LANGUAGE SKILLS (verbal, written, listening), SOFTWARE SKILLS, ANALYTICAL SKILLS, MATHEMATICAL SKILLS, PRESENTATION SKILLS, TEAM PLAYER, ETC.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to compute rate, ration and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to figure surface feet per minute and proper feedrates using manufacturers catalogs, data sheets, machinist calculator or other means.
- Lift/Carry 25 lbs
- Bend/Stoop/Kneel 2 hrs a day
- Push/Pull 50+ lbs
- Microscope/Fine close work 8 hrs a day
- Vision requirements correctable to 20/20 vision
- Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hrs a day
- Dexterity required
- Eye Protection
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: