Nissha Medical Technologies is currently seeking a Purchasing Agent to achieve, improve and exceed targeted customer service levels, balance inventory levels and targets, and to manage supply and demand within the supply chain in support of a a mixed-mode manufacturing operation using established purchasing policies and procedures.
- Responsible for securing capacity and preparing suppliers for production flow strategies to ensure on time deliveries to the Company. (React to the increase variation from forecast and/or customer demand to take the appropriate actions within the supply chain.)
- Proactive approach to maintaining a high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Analyze Bills of Material, routings, and demand. Work within mainframe environment to enter purchase orders, make inquiries/ decisions regarding inventory, historical records, etc.
- Initiate the setup and onboarding of new supply chain vendors. Manage supplier performance, including creating and acceptance of PO shipments, adherence to on time delivery and quality reject rates.
- Maintain Master Supplier Files, including Supplier Scorecards for “A” level suppliers.
- Maximize inventory turns and minimize inventory carrying cost while maintaining customer expectations.
- Support ERP projects for data clean up, implementation, and sustainment.
- Negotiate with suppliers to secure advantageous terms.
- Provide Customer Service with valid available to promise dates.
- Collaborate with the planning teams (Sales, Demand Planning, Supply Planning & Product Development) to ensure that production schedules can be executed in the planned time frame regarding capacity and material availability.
- Special Projects centered around data integrity and continuous improvements as determined by manager.
- As necessary, manage change within time fences (due to emergency production concerns, expedites, equipment, problems, etc.).
- May plan requirements for assigned area of responsibility, in keeping with company goals, policies and procedures.
- Four-year College Degree or 3 years of related business experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with TQM, ISO 9000, and GMP’s.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, team player, results oriented in a fast-paced environment.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced PC skills (spreadsheet, word processing).
- Oracle Experience is preferred.
- C.P.M. or APICS certification preferred.
- Customer Service interface desired.
Nissha Medical Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer; and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. In addition, NMT will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
If you need assistance with completing the online application process, please call (716)847-7592